Are you a Polkadoodles fan?
At it’s simplest form the images can just be printed and layered. I decided to step it up just a notch, but still keep it simple. I re-sized the images to fit a 6 x 6 card and then printed up multiple copies of each image enabling me to cut out and decoupage the layers to make it look really 3D.
I mounted the layers onto two matching pieces of card-stock and added a peel-off sentiment and a few decorative flat-back pearls.
What I love about The Paper Shelter products is that I can make a very quick and simple card – which still looks great – and it can be thin if it need to stay within the cheap postage bracket. However, if I want to go to town with multiple layers, or added different backgrounds and colour myself – I can do this too. The products are so versatile and let’s not forget how lovely the designs are too.
Are you a Paper Shelter fan too?
This week’s card is made with the wreath image which is part of the set of images called Over the River
Since Christmas is coming up – I thought I would make a decoration instead of a card. So using a Tonic Studio box die I die cut the box/bauble. I then re-sized thd digital image to fit the square on the box. I mounted on gold card. I die-cut the other bits too and added them to the box before putting the box/bauble together. Finishing touch was a black blow. I played with the idea of coloring in the images, but decided I liked the black, gold and white look, so kept it blank. I like final the result. What do you think?
I decided to have a different play with the image this week and use it on a Christmas cracker. (Tonic die). So I re-sized the digital image to fit the rectangle on the cracker and I split the drawing from the Happy Holiday sentiment. After cutting out all the pieces using the various dies, I coloured the digital image using my trusted Copic Ciao pens. The main cracker was cut in black card and I used some red and silver card on one of the crackers too. A fun project and I like the end result.
Base is a 6 x 6 inch white card, mats of sqare dark blue, turquous and sea-green card layered on top. followed by random circles. On top of this I added the image.
The colouring of the image was an accident! I tried to colour and image, not realising that a duplicate image was below – and I ended up liking the subtle colours of the image below and the random nature of the colouring on this image. So as often happens out of an accident becomes beautiful art pieces. The colouring was done with Distress Oxide inks.